Sample current and recent work 2020-2022
- Author, Strategy for Accelerating Organic Market Growth in The Netherlands: Policy Framework, market partnerships and organizational development. For BioNederland. Presentations and advisory sessions for Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality (The Netherlands) 2022.
- Moderator, World Food Summit theme “Green Transition of the Global Agricultural Production” (Copenhagen, may 2022).
- Successful joint proposal and lobby effort from 6 NGOs and 5 food companies and retailers for a shift in Denmark’s foreign aid strategy towards supporting agroecology in the global south. Goal: food security, climate change mitigation, protection of biodiversity and fighting poverty. Dansk Agroøkologi Initiativ 2021
- Author of Best Practice in Organic Public Procurement: The Case of Denmark for IFOAM Organics Europe (2021). Report to the EU Commission.
- Columnist, Altinget.dk, news service for the Danish Parliament, writing on food and agriculture policy.
- Advising three danish and nordic food companies on climate and organic strategy.
- Policy consultant for Ministry of Agriculture (Uganda) as part of project “Coherent policies for transforming food and agricultural systems–A peer-to-peer exchange among policy makers” and Food Policy Forum for Change. (Biovision Foundation, IFOAM Organics International, with support from FAO, GiZ and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
- Speaker and advisor for NGOs, businesses and government agencies on four continents on organic policy frameworks and market development. Selected examples below.
- Successful lobby effort (national budget, Denmark 2021) for financing for further climate and organic conversion in the danish public kitchens. Lobby and joint climate op-ed for a consortia of 9 trade unions, business organisations and knowledge institutions. More info on my blog. And here: Climate and Organic Conversion in public and private food service
- Project leader for “Guidelines for True and Fair Climate Claims on Food products” for a consortia of 9 leading food companies and retail leaders, and danish organisations for climate, consumer affairs and agriculture (dec 2020). And here is our 8 principles for true and fair climate claims, being fine-tuned now as a Danish Codex for climate claims, Final report in Danish and english summary
- Speaker on climate-greenwashing & principles for true and fair climate claims on food.
- Lobby and op-eds in leading national newspapers making the case for Carbon taxation Putting a price on climate and empowering farmers to become climate leaders.
- Member and contributor, Climate Partnership for Retail, recommendations to the danish government on climate policy for the food industry (march 2020). Advisor Climate Sector Plan for Retail (2021).
- Elected to World Board, IFOAM Organics International (2021). Candidacy Statement and CV. Why I am a candidate for the organic World Board
- Advisory Board for Thise Dairy (2020)
Altinget.dk; Arla Foods; BioNederland (Netherlands); BioNext (Netherlands); Biovision Foundation (Switzerland); COOP Danmark; Danish Crown; Deltager Danmark; Embassy of Denmark in Indonesia; Embassy of Denmark in Poland; Eosta (Netherlands); Estonian Organic Farming Platform; Food Nation; HK Scan Denmark; IFOAM Asia; IFOAM Organics Europe; IFOAM Organics International; IGBIO (Switzerland); Ingleby Farms & Forests; Løgismose-Meyers; Ministry of Agriculture Uganda; Månssons; Mærkevareleverandør Forening Danmark (MLDK); Naturmælk; Netto Denmark; Organic Denmark (Økologisk Landsforening); Organic Processing and Trade Association Europe (OPTA); Organic Sweden; Organic Trust (Ireland); REMA 1000; Rijk Zwaan (Netherlands); Samuelsens; Salling Group; Soil Association (UK); Tanzania Organic Agriculture Movement (TOAM); Teagasc Agriculture and Food Development Authority (Ireland); Thise Mejeri.
Additional collaborations (2020-22)
Agricultural Development Denmark Asia (ADDA); CARE Danmark; Changing Food; CONCITO; Dansk Erhverv; Dansk Vegetarisk Forening; Embassy of Denmark, USA; Fairtrade Mærket Danmark; Folkekirkens Nødhjælp (DanChurchAid); HORESTA; Hotel og Restaurant Skolen; Kammeradvokaten, Poul Schmith; Kost og Ernæringsforbundet; KRAV; Landbrug & Fødevarer; Plantebranchen; PELUM Uganda; Real Organic Project (USA); Royal Danish Embassy, Tokyo; Verdens Skove; 3F Private Service, Hotel og Restauration.
Sample recent speaking engagements (2020-22)
- Organic Policy, Market Partnerships and NGO mobilization driving Organic Breakthroughs: Key lessons from Denmark (Presentation for delegation, US House of Representatives, august 2022)
- The Organic response to the rise of Regenerative Agriculture (BIOFACH, july 2022)
- Inspiration on policy best practice in Africa and Europe: Input to Uganda’s National Agroecology Strategy (with Charlotte Pavageau, Kampala, march 2022)
- Local and national Organic policy driving breakthroughs for sustainability in cities: Some lessons from Denmark. (Kisarazu City, Japan, march 2022).
- How Policy and Sector Development can Grow the Organic Market (Ministry of Agriculture, Republic Indonesia, January 2022)
- Organic production and consumption as a contributor to a sustainable global food system (Global Food Talk with Rasmus Prehn, Denmark’s Minister for Food and Agriculture. Food Nation, January 2022)
- Regenerative, Organic, Plant-Based: Trends and opportunities for people, planet and profit (Board of Directors meeting, Copenhagen, November 2021).
- Policy driving Sustainable Food Systems: The case of Denmark, Working together for more organics (Organic World Congress, France, september 2021).
- Driving growth in organic farming and the organic market: the organic NGO as change agent (Soil Association, march 2021).
- 25 percent Organic in EU in 2030: What does it require of us? What game changers do we need? (Meeting of Nordic & Baltic Ministries, september 2021)
- Agroecology Across Three Continents: Showcasing Good Policy Practices (Oxford Real Farming Conference, UK, speaker, 2021)
- Real Organic Symposium (USA, 2021)
- Why the Danes crave organic, Biokennisweek (Netherlands, 2021) Webinar and interview.
- Organic policy frameworks for market development, innovation and organic conversion (Food Policy Forum for Change for policy makers from sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia 2020)
- The Danish Model: Organic Policy & NGO Capacity as catalysts for organic breakthroughs (Ekologiska Framtidsdagen, KRAV & Organic Sweden, september 2020)
- Political solutions that drive organic market development (European Organic Congress, july 2020). Key takeaways in my blog: Policy drives organic market
- Presentation for the EU Kommission: Organic Policy and NGO Capacity as catalysts for the organic sector. Recommendations for the EU Action Plan and European Green Deal (BIOFACH, Nürnberg, feb 2020).
- Innovative politics that create healthy, climate friendly and organic meals in public sector kitchens (Sial International Food Exhibition, Paris)