Sample current and recent work 2020-2021
- Joint proposal and lobby effort from 6 NGOs and 5 food companies and retailers for a shift in Denmark’s foreign aid strategy towards supporting agroecology in the global south. Goal: food security, climate change mitigation, protection of biodiversity and fighting poverty. Dansk Agroøkologi Initiativ 2021
- Advising three danish and nordic food companies on climate and organic strategy.
- Policy consultant for Ministry of Agriculture (Uganda) as part of project “Coherent policies for transforming food and agricultural systems–A peer-to-peer exchange among policy makers” and Food Policy Forum for Change. (Biovision Foundation, IFOAM Organics International, with support from FAO, GiZ and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
- Speaker and advisor for NGOs, businesses and government agencies on four continents on organic policy frameworks and market development. Selected examples below.
- Successful lobby effort (national budget, Denmark 2021) for financing of climate and organic conversion in the danish public kitchens. Lobby and joint climate op-ed for a consortia of 9 trade unions, business organisations and knowledge institutions. More info on my blog. And here: Climate and Organic Conversion in public and private food service
- Project leader for “Guidelines for True and Fair Climate Claims on Food products” for a consortia of 9 leading food companies and retail leaders, and danish organisations for climate, consumer affairs and agriculture (dec 2020). And here is our 8 principles for true and fair climate claims, Final report in Danish and english summary
- Speaker on climate-greenwashing & principles for true and fair climate claims on food.
- Lobby and op-eds in leading national newspapers making the case for Carbon taxation Putting a price on climate and empowering farmers to become climate leaders.
- Member and contributor, Climate Partnership for Retail, recommendations to the danish government on climate policy for the food industry (march 2020). Advisor Climate Sector Plan for Retail (2021).
- Candidate for World Board, IFOAM Organics International (2021). Candidacy Statement and CV. Why I am a candidate for the organic World Board
- Approved as new member of climate think tank CONCITO (2020).
- Joined Advisory Board for Thise Dairy (2020)
Arla Foods; BioNext (Netherlands); Biovision Foundation (Switzerland); COOP Danmark; Danish Crown; HK Scan Denmark; IFOAM Organics Europe; IFOAM Organics International; Løgismose-Meyers; Månssons; Mærkevareleverandør Forening Danmark (MLDK); Naturmælk; Netto Denmark; Organic Denmark (Økologisk Landsforening); Organic Sweden; REMA 1000; Samuelsens; Salling Group; Soil Association (UK); Thise Mejeri.
Additional collaborations (2020-21)
Agricultural Development Denmark Asia (ADDA); CARE Danmark; Changing Food; CONCITO; Dansk Erhverv; Dansk Vegetarisk Forening; Fairtrade Mærket Danmark; Folkekirkens Nødhjælp (DanChurchAid); HORESTA; Hotel og Restaurant Skolen; Kammeradvokaten, Poul Schmith; Kost og Ernæringsforbundet; KRAV; Landbrug & Fødevarer; Plantebranchen; Real Organic Project (USA); Verdens Skove; 3F Private Service, Hotel og Restauration.
Sample recent speaking engagements
- Agroecology Across Three Continents: Showcasing Good Policy Practices (Oxford Real Farming Conference, speaker, 2021)
- Real Organic Symposium (USA, 2021)
- Why the Danes crave organic, Biokennisweek (Netherlands, 2021) Webinar and interview.
- Organic policy frameworks for market development, innovation and organic conversion (Food Policy Forum for Change for policy makers from sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia 2020)
- The Danish Model: Organic Policy & NGO Capacity as catalysts for organic breakthroughs (Ekologiska Framtidsdagen, KRAV & Organic Sweden, september 2020)
- Political solutions that drive organic market development (European Organic Congress, july 2020). Key takeaways in my blog: Policy drives organic market
- Presentation for the EU Kommission: Organic Policy and NGO Capacity as catalysts for the organic sector. Recommendations for the EU Action Plan and European Green Deal (BIOFACH, Nürnberg, feb 2020).
- Organics at a Tipping Point: Sustainability frontrunner, market breakthroughs, and the role of food companies and retail today, (IFOAM EU Meets Business: Bringing the Organic Food Industry Together, Brussels, December 2019)
- Municipalities Achieving UN Sustainability Goals in Partnership with the Organic Sector (Organic Congress Denmark, Municipal Theme, November 2019)
- Organic 3.0: The global organic agenda, (Lundsgaard, Denmark, October 2019).
- Organic NGO mobilization + National and local organic policies: driving organic breakthroughs, (ALGOA—International Summit on Organic Agricultural Policy, South Korea, September 2019)
- Organic policy as catalyst for breakthroughs in organic farming and market development –and how the next EU Action Plan can help! (EU Congress, International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movements, Bucharest, june, 2019)
- Innovative politics that create healthy, climate friendly and organic meals in public sector kitchens (Sial International Food Exhibition, Paris, 2018)
- Organic Denmark’s Climate policies—a new model for effective climate policy (Danish parliamentary meetings 2018)
- The Danish model: Innovative policy as catalyst for the organic sector, (Houses of Parliament, UK, London 2015 and 2017)
- Organic farming—foundation for sustainability and UN sustainability goals. (Speech and workshops 2017 to present )
- Organic Denmark: Building an effective lobby organization (International research consortia for Interest Group Politics, 2014, workshops for global NGOs, 2014, 2016, 2018)
- What organics can do for cities: Examples from Denmark (Urban consortia, 2017)